A utility program that creates multiple desktops on Microsoft Windows. It is similar to virtual desktops on Linux. Note that it is not a virtual desktop manager, MultiDesktop actually creates three desktops in addition to your existing one. It features a summary screen (with optional transparency) that shows thumbnails of the four desktops at once, customizable desktop names, and customizable keyboard shortcuts and right-click pop-up menu for fast switching between desktops and for fast switching to the previously active desktop. FourDesktops can be started with the Start FourDesktops button in the General tab of the FourDesktops Control Panel. Alternatively, you can set FourDesktops to start automatically when you log on by checking the checkbox "Automatically start FourDesktops when you log on to Windows" which is also in the General tab.
· Creates four seperate desktops on one computer
· Unobtrusive design to maximize your productivity
· Control panel for customizing, starting and shutting down FourDesktops
· Summary screen that shows thumbnails of the four desktops at once
· Optional transparency of Summary screen
· Each desktop has its own taskbar and notification area (system tray)
· Every desktop shares the same clipboard
· Customizable keyboard shortcuts for fast switching between desktops and for fast switching to the previously active desktop
· Customizable right-click popup menu for switching between desktops
· Customizable desktop names
The evaluation version is fully functional. After 30 days an annoying dialog is shown prompting the user to purchase a license, but the software remains fully functional.